- 16 May 2023
- 2 Minutes to read
Retrieving ScreenMeet logs/ID for troubleshooting purposes
- Updated on 16 May 2023
- 2 Minutes to read
Retrieving Browser Logs
Browser logs are relevant for the following use cases
- Live, CoBrowse(both agent + customer), Replay, Remote Support or Beam(agent viewer if issues getting into session, etc)
- If issue relates to loading the component on a page or is prior to the tool opening successfully.
Retrieving Remote Support/Beam local logs
Local remote support logs are helpful when troubleshooting issues on the end user or customer machine.
This could be related to issues joining the session, performance issues mid-session, feature not working as expected when in session, etc.
- As the customer/end user/agent controlling the end users machine, launch the exe/MSI.
- Press "F2" after clicking on the ScreenMeet application to bring it into focus
- A log viewer will open.
- Set the "min log level" to "trace"
- Reproduce the issue or if the issue was reproduced upon opening the application, proceed to next step.
- Press the "save" option to save the .log file
- Attach this file to the support case.
Retrieving ScreenMeet Session ID for troubleshooting purposes
If your issue relates to a particular session(s), please retrieve the session ID and attach it to the support case.
The session ID is a critical component in the troubleshooting process as it allows internal investigation into the session to detect any anomalies.
Remote Support/CoBrowse session ID
Copy and paste the URL of the sessionor trim the characters after index.html?
Live Session ID
Copy and paste the URL of the session or trim the characters after live.screenmeet.com
Retrieving from CRM
Open the ScreenMeet session object. It may be attached to the case as part of a related list
Session ID is contained within the related records of an incident or ServiceNow object
The agent can retrieve the session ID based on knowing the date/time of the session from "My session history"
System administrators can find the session ID in a similar way by clicking on global session history and isolating the session ID of note.